Set Based Solutions
Many companies in New Zealand and around the world have implemented lean manufacturing and gained considerable benefits in product quality and productivity. These same companies have provided excellent innovative products for the market place but could they do better?
• Time to market – how long does it take?
• Development cost – is it known and is it recovered?
• Design loopbacks – are design loopbacks the norm and what is the cost?
• Engineering productivity – is more than 30% spent on actual design?
• Warranty cost – can it be reduced?
• Manufacturing start up – are there process or quality issues?
• Knowledge – is the knowledge from customer interests, loopbacks and process issues captured and reused
to prevent any recurrence?
• Is there effective collaboration between individual teams – is the knowledge shared?
• Market release – Do you consistently achieve your milestones?
If you are concerned about any or all of these issues in your organisation please read on….
The Lean Product Development Principles pioneered by Toyota can fundamentally resolve these issues and applied in conjunction with Lean Manufacturing can impact positively on the company profitability.Toyota have re-invented Product Development. Rather than working harder, smarter, utilising stage gate, implementing the traditional processes more effectively or applying six sigma, they have executed a complete paradigm shift by applying a combination of A3 thinking, PDCA, and Set Based Engineering. Put together they form the fundamentals of Learning First Product Development.
In collaboration with Targeted Convergence Corporation we can now offer, in New Zealand, a complete range of workshops that can assist your organisation in adopting and implementing the principles of LFPD.
The full range of workshops on offer is contained in the Targeted Convergence Corporation website ( www.TargetedConvergence.com ). Workshops can be tailored to your business needs and are suitable for small and medium sized companies as well as large organisations.
Feel free to contact us for more information.